Thursday 22 January 2015

Foreigners and Ajitgarh

Problems faced by a foreigner in India
 
The main motive that of an avid traveller is to keep exploring place, people, culture but it should be different from the one that has been experienced.  Foreigners that come down to India to experience its culture and people and have many options in India for it is a vast country. They would visit cities only to be bombarded by bullying drivers, rickshaw pullers, at the restaurants and sorts taking advantage of them being foreign nationals they are ought to be rich and can pay more than that it is required.  It’s humiliating for them at the first sight when they see these behaviors. 



I was astonished myself when I had gone for a sight-seeing to QutabMinar in Delhi. There were two   counters one for foreign nationals and the other for the Indians. I thought probably they are cross-checking their documents or something. I went ahead and bought myself and my friend a ticket. Just then a foreigner approached me and told me if I could be of help to her, “Certainly why not” I said. She explained her woes; the price of the tickets was ten times more than what is generally charged.  I said I’ll do it. That is not a problem. I went to the ticket counter standing in the queue. While, I was in the queue police men standing understood the apprehension came up to me and asked whether I was buying tickets for the foreigners. I said them, “No”. They said that the tickets for foreign nationals had Foreigners imprinted on them. I replied, “No worries Sir, I am buying it for myself. I don’t see why I should help them”. 


I bought the tickets, gestured them to meet me in an area where the police officers could not be spotted and then I gave it to them. And told them to hide your palms across the area where the Indian National was mentioned and wished them Good luck. As I was entered and passed through the gates the guard hardly even gave a glimpse at the ticket and tore it down from one area, as a sign that the ticket has been approved. I entered and was looking around if they made their way through the gates. After a while I spotted them. They were highly thankful to me. 

Imagining that the problems they face when they travel to other parts of the country, they are bullied easily from taxi drivers, to auto rickshaws to restaurants where there is a different menu card for the foreign nationals. It is extremely humiliating and can set up an entirely different image of our country. They feel humiliated, cheated and most importantly they don’t feel safe. 

What’s in store for foreigners in Ajitgarh? And most importantly why is it safe?
The lifestyle that of the resident is slow paced and in not as fast paced as it is in the city. They don’t have the lifestyle that of people living in the city but a very normal village life. People wake up early morning, go to work come back before dawn and sleep early. That the main motive of a traveler especially who is a foreigner can be captured in this city because of the easy mind sets and the cultural ethics that they want to experience can be found by talking to people around, the tranquility that of a village life too can be experienced.




Since, the lifestyle has been slow paced and people here don’t have ambitions, there thought process is not directed to towards any other thing than their own motive to earn the daily bread. They go for the chores and get back before dawn. Ask them about the political scenario they won’t know anything. They won’t ever dare question if you come up with a new name. If asked who would they like to vote the answer would be, “The one who is the winning member of the district, we will vote for them.” People come people go. It hardly makes any difference to them. All they care about is as long as they are able to earn their daily bread. All is just fine. 

A thought process is what makes all the difference that is when the characteristics of the city comes to the picture. When the people living in the city can’t do their own thinking and their thoughts can never deviate to anything else, that is the reason for the city having a tranquility of its own.
Safety for foreigners and yet, “The India” that needs to be experienced, is just right here in this town called Ajitgarh.

Ajitgarh – The City(A GeneralKnowledge)
Formerly called Mohali now Ajitgarh, now why the change? It was officially named after the eldest son of Guru Gobind Singh, SahibzadaAjit Singh as SAS Nagar, which also can be technically referred to as “City of SahibzadaAjit Singh”. By the year 2012 the name was curtailed to Ajitgarh a shortened name for Fort of SahibzadaAjit Singh. 


The tri cities – Chandigarh, Panchkula and Ajigarh, this trio form Tricity.Also said it will declared the, “smart city” first of its kind in Punjab. Ajitgarh has been a target to many IT companies that are in outsourcing. They look forward to capitalize on the investment opportunities the city has to offer.
For sight-seeing there are:


  • ·         Amb Sahib Gurudwara
  • ·         North Country Mall
  • ·         Punjab Cricket Association Stadium and
  • ·         The North Country Mall


For Education purposes elite colleges like Indian School of Business, the branch which is in Hyderabad as well, this institute is ranked as the number one college in Management studies and is a contemporary to IIM’S of India.
The other prominent institute includes Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Army institute of law sector. There is isn’t any dearth of schools and colleges.
Presence of prominent colleges and schools is a sign of a progressive community and place that is why the IT companies have shown a great deal of interest in Investment opportunities with this city and not to forget the real estate sectors that are coming up with investment is acres of land.


No comments:

Post a Comment